Sunday, October 4, 2009

weekend update

Funny, the title of this post used to be my FAVORITE skit on SNL. Used to. Now, SNL is lame and skewed...and irritates me.

Got a lot done this weekend. Heather's birthday shopping is done...thank GOODNESS.

I got one of MY birthday presents yesterday. :) I know, it's OVER a month early. Bite me. This is him:




Isn't he the MOST adorable thing EVER? His name is Nick J. And he's sitting beside me on the floor in his little Build A Bear condo. *squeal* And again, YES...I AM 30. lol

My Gators didn't play this weekend...actually, that's a blessing in disguise since we need Tebow to recover from his concussion for the LSU game next week.

Blue Bombers WON AGAIN?! WHAAAAT?! SO happy. I did a little happy dance in the living room Friday night when the game officially ended. Then the dog attacked me and my good time was over. Boo. :( Regardless, SO happy to see the Bombers win two in a row. Maybe this will spike their confidence for the rest of the season....here's hoping!

Cowboys play today at 3. Nervous about that. So long as Tony Romo comes out and has what Heth and I call the "Tony Smile"...we should be good. The other option is when he comes out and looks like a damn deer caught in headlights. Obviously, not so good. lol If we can get it together and play like the team we ARE...we'll do fine. If we keep making half idiotic mistakes...we're done for. I think we get Marion Barber back today...so hopefully, that will help a LOT.

I've been missing my Mom a lot. I mean, we talk on the phone every day...but sometimes, it's better to see her in person.

I had a long talk with a patient this week (45 minutes...and our calls are generally only about 10 minutes)...she's going through the same situation my Mom and I did with Dad. It was SO cathartic talking to her. She told me that while I will occasionally feel guilt about walking away from the situation with my Dad, that it's what's best and that you have to walk away from that kind of abuse. She said my call helped her and that she had been praying for God to let her know everything would be okay...and that I did that. I felt good after that. Like helping her, helped me. Of course, I'll probably get in trouble for that call in my review because HEAVEN forbid we take time to talk to a patient. Whatever.

I planned the coolest Christmas present EVER for someone...now I just gotta hope it pans out. If it does...that person is going to be SO surprised. And that will make me insanely happy. :)

Must go...I gotta dig up something to eat since I haven't had anything since dinner...which I ate at like 6pm yesterday. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment